Debut in Metallurg
27 Mar 1983
200 cm / 109 kg
STATISTICS FOR THE SEASON 2020-2021. Play-off
7 games played
- Goals-Against Average = 60 min × GA / TOI
- Time on ice
- Goals allowed
Чемпионат.com / 29 november 2014
Вратарь магнитогорского «Металлурга» Василий Кошечкин после победы над тольяттинской «Ладой» со счётом 4:2 заявил, что эта игра может стать переломной для «Магнитки».
Photo and video
Honored Master of Sports of Russia
Koshechkin started his professional hockey career as the goaltender of Olimpiya, Kirovo-Chepetsk and Neftyannik, Almetyevsk.
In 2003 he debuted in the RSL as a member of Lada, Togliatti and spent 3 seasons there.
For the season 2007/08 he joined Ak Bars and then returned to Lada.
In the middle of 2009/10 season he moved to Metallurg and then to Severstal. He had spent three seasons in Severstal Cherepovets before he returned to Metallurg Magnitogorsk.
With Metallurg, Koshechkin became the Champion of Russia and Gagarin Cup winner twice in the seasons 2013/14 and 2015/16.
Club awards and honors
- The Deutschland Cup Winner 2017;
- The 2003–04 Russian Superleague season Bronze Winner;
- The 2003–04 Russian Superleague season Runner-up;
- The IIHF Continental Cup Winner 2006;
- The Ice Hockey World Championship Bronze Winner 2007;
- The IIHF Continental Cup Winner 2007;
- The IIHF World Championship 2009 Winner;
- The IIHF World Championship 2010 Runner-Up;
- Gagarin Cup Winner 2014;
- Gagarin Cup Winner 2016;
- Gagarin Cup Finals MVP 2017;
- KHL Best Goalkeeper 2014, 2017;
- Olympic champion 2018.
Koshechkin was invited to represent the Russian national team in 6 IHWC: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2018. He has all kinds of medals of world championships.
In February 2018 he was invited in Russian national team at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang as a main goalkeeper.